Thursday, February 1, 2007

Who is Scott Brodeur? The first thoughts I had of Scott Brodeur came to me as I was stepping out of the elevator heading toward the OIT PC lab. I looked at my cell phone to check the time when I realized, "Shit...I'm two minutes late. Well, I hope this Scott fellow is lenient with tardies."

Upon walking into the classroom, he handed me the course syllabus without mentioning that I was late.

Good, I thought to myself. At least he seems patient.

Then he assigned the class to set up a blog, and write a 200 word post about him based on what we could pull off the Internet. Like any resourceful student, I used The Google to find out as much about Scott Brodeur as I could.

The first thing that came up was one of his blog posts about a chance encounter he had with Sen. Joe Lieberman at a rest stop outside of Worcester. The title of the piece was "Fear and Loathing outside Worcester Or: Everything You Wanted to Know About Joe Lieberman". The title of the piece told me that not only is a fan of Hunter S. Thompson (also apparent in a reference made in the story) but also of Dr. Strangelove.

Upon further research, I found that Brodeur was the founding editor-in-chief of masslive.com, and also played a role in setting up nj.com.

No comments: