Thursday, March 8, 2007

Man...this blogging shit is hard.

I have a tough time figuring out what the hell to write about. Over the past week i've found that keeping a blog can be pretty hard work. It's not that I find that writing is hard work, it's that I'm finding it difficult to think of things to write about. On one hand, I have a lot of random thoughts that, for the most part, remain unspoken. These thoughts can range from witty commentary to idotic musings. On the other hand, much of my day is filled with functional bullshit: what time I'm getting up, what I should have for lunch, whether or not I should have my second cigarette within an hour of my first, and so forth. It makes me question what is blogworthy.

I read a lot. I usually start off my day by reading the New York Times. If I happen to make two cups of coffee for the morning, I try to squeeze in a few ages of the Washington Post. However, I always hesitate to link interested articles because it makes me feel like a goddamned thief. Not mention horribly unoriginal. Has anyone else run into this problem?

1 comment:

Scott Brodeur said...

The Linking Thief! I always think of linkers more as the Peter Pan types. You know, robbing from... Ah, never mind.