Thursday, April 26, 2007

Andrew Sullivan

It might be too little too late in this semster, however I will try to more consistently (or in this case, at all) track Andrew Sullivan's blog as assigned in class. Today he made a few very interesting points regarding drug laws. Read it here.

The fact of the matter is that we have legalized drugs that are far more dangerous than marijuana. As a college student, I've seen a great deal of my friends suffer alcohol poison, but none that have suffered from too much marijuana consumption. I think the biggest reason that marijuana is still outlawed is that some view it as immoral. As if there is some cosmic difference between someone polishing off a fifth of scotch and someone sparking up a joint. If there is a difference, I invite you to tell me what it is.